Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Awesome Orla


Well, I couldn't go too long without sharing another area of my expertise, shopping!

Anyone following me on pinterest would have a fair chance of gathering that I am a huge fan of Irish born, now London based textile and many other things designer Orla Kiely

Oh, how I love her retro style stem designs:


Multi Stem Print Scarf 12AWMST954-MULTI-1.jpg
Multi Stem Print Scarf 12AWMST954-MULTI.jpg


I think originally it was the beautiful autumnal tones (so suited for the auburn haired) that I loved - not surprising that Orla another ranga would feature them.  My collection has grown - bags, nappy bag, tins, towels, wallet, scarves, mugs, linen, picture books there's a lot of Orla around here.

So there was a lot of excitement when I spied in my twitter feed today that a new shipment of lots of things Orla has landed a mere 80km or so from home.  Rather than just pinning, or thinking of spending a fortune on international shipping or trying to convince my London based friend to bring some home at Christmas, they are now so close they must be almost mine!

Where you say?

Surely you have discovered the sweet little boutique in Daylesford Lark.  Calling it a sweet little shop in Daylesford is really not doing it justice as it is one of the best internet shopping sites in Australia - swift, sweet service, flat price postage and best of all you can shop online getting things not available elsewhere in Australia with the comfort of knowing you are actually spending your money in regional Victoria!  

Only downside is that the lovely Allison from Lark is more aligned with Ballarat than Bendigo (we do have to be parochial).

Now maybe I should have waited and made a trip to Daylesford and taken some photos of what I am keen to buy but I was so excited to share I'll just link to some of the front runners.  And if you really want to keep dreaming - and you subscribe to The Times Online - this profile on  Orla's own house in Clapham is a must read!

Orla Kiely Beach Towel (Clementine & Aqua)







Orla Kiely Composter




much prettier than Pete's plastic compost containers The composter


Orla Kiely Bath Towel (Flower Stripe)





No comments:

Post a Comment